Highlights of Qualifications
- Highly motivated and committed nurse of 34 years.
- 30 years IV therapy experience.
- Experienced, independent, and supportive team worker.
- Strong patient/family advocate.
- Excellent and effective communication skills.
- Willing and able to effectively multi-task and problem solve.
- Highly dependable, punctual, and efficient.
Relevant Skills and Experience
2001-present Owner/Operator Transitional Guidance LLC dba Informed HealthCare dba Silberhorn Health.
*Specialty Home Infusion Therapy/ /Research Infusion Therapy/ Patient and Family Medical Mediation
- Independent contractor conducting in-home IV infusions involving assessment, monitoring, and nursing interventions for the chronically ill.
- CITI trained independent contractor conducting in-home IV infusions for the purpose of Research ensuring accurate progress of clinical trials from study acquisition/start-up through study termination by serving as the liaison to the investigator/hospital/clinic, the patient, and the sponsor.
- Ensure all study activity is in accordance with guidelines, instructions, and specifications outlined in the research protocol, FDA, GCP and hospital/clinical guidelines.
- Schedule, coordinate, and conduct all study-related visits including, but not limited to
- obtaining vital signs, height, and weight.
- completing infusions.
- write adverse event reports and update concomitant medications.
- update and maintain study spreadsheets and other study related documentation.
- Consultative healthcare advice/mediation for patients and families during a health status change. Compassionate healthcare education specific to need of patient/family.
1998-2007 Admissions Coordinator/Palliative Care Liaison Community Care Hospice/Vitas Hospice/Hospice of Dayton.
- Independent critical assessment of patient and family upon admission to hospice services. Determine and assure immediate symptom management and immediate assessment of the patient.
- Application of critical thinking skills upon introducing patient and family to hospice services during a very fear-based time for individuals. Use of compassion and reasoning skills are of the utmost importance.
- Education of individuals regarding hospice services and the grief process.
- Coordination of individualized plan of care for patient and family to be utilized by case management team.
- Assist patient/family in end of life completion of Living Will/DPOA.
1991-1992 Nurse Manager Medical University of South Carolina
- Develop Physician/Client satisfaction for a failing project. Goal was accomplished within six month time frame.
- Develop a smooth transition to efficient patient care and patient flow within a ten physician practice.
- Create an environment of employee growth and satisfaction in the workplace through education and staff development.
1977-1991 R.N. Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center
* Post-op Surgery, Step down ICU, Outpatient Surgery, Operating Room, Recovery Room.
- Fourteen years Pediatric medical/surgical experience at one of the top five Children’s Hospitals in the nation.
- Coordinate as an educator the development of the first free-standing Pediatric Surgery center in the nation.
- Develop standards of care for QA, Infection Control and perform Utilization Review throughout Pediatric career.
- Coordinate Operating Room Education teaching fundamentals of sterile technique, scrub nurse and circulating nurse procedure. Accountable for Joint Commission, QA and Performance Improvement.
- Nurse Manager, Outpatient Hospital Operations managing services within a self-directed, multi-disciplined work group distant from base operations.
7/1977 University of Cincinnati College of Nursing & Health Bachelor of Science degree.
Licensed Registered Nurse in Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, and Tennessee